Thursday, January 26, 2012

I am coming to the end of a welcome break with my family in the USA however that does not mean that work has stopped - quite the contrary! The great thing about new technology is that you can carry out your work virtually anywhere in the world as long as there is an internet connection. However I would not be able to do everything if it was not for office support in the UK and my other walk leaders in the Algarve. We began our spring programme last week and the numbers have been amazing - far more than past years - and the great thing is we now have Portuguese joining the walks and from the feedback really enjoying them. As for myself I am regularly walking as I have a busy few months ahead so I need to keep the joints moving but it is just not the same walking the 'Turnpike Trail' with heavy traffic streaming along by your side and almost non existant scenery. But then it makes me appreciate the Algarve in spring with its magnificent display of flowers and the green rolling hills covered in the the large white cistus flowers.